APPLICATION FOR JANUARY 2024 IS OPEN. DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS MONDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2023.
High School Scholarship Program
The AISCT High School Scholarship Program is designed for academically talented South African students with limited financial means. It provides these students from previously disenfranchised population groups discriminated against under the Apartheid regime with an opportunity to attend the High School at AISCT. Each applicant who fits this criteria will be given fair and equal consideration based on this criteria.
The merit-based scholarship provides an academically rich and culturally diverse experience that will open the doors to university admission and potentially further scholarship support to the best universities in the world.
Scholarship applicants must be entering Grade 9 or 10 to be eligible. High school students will be able to pursue the prestigious Advanced Placement course of study and earn an American High School Diploma.
Scholarships may last for the duration of the student’s time at AISCT provided they remain in good standing at the school. Scholarships may be revoked for poor academic performance or behavior.
Applications are screened by a scholarship committee and awarded to the recipients by April of each year. Financial need is assessed upon completion of a Finance Disclosure form including relevant supporting documentation. High School Scholarships for South African citizens are based on merit and proven financial need.
- Have completed Grade 8.
- Be born between August 1, 2005 and July 31, 2008.
- Have South African citizenship
- Proven financial need
- Belonging or related to a previously disenfranchised population group discriminated against under the Apartheid regime
- Fluency in English (oral and written)
- High academic achievement in English language curriculum
- Leadership and commitment to service
- Ability to live in Cape Town with family or guardians for the duration of the scholarship
- High School graduates are not eligible to apply.
- Tuition fee
- Admission fee
- Capital fee
- AP fees
- SAT fees
- Up to six university application fees
- School uniform
- PE uniform
AISCT reserves the right to change or update the terms and conditions at any time and at its sole discretion.