Parent & Teacher Association (PATA)
The AISCT Parent and Teacher Association (PATA) is a network of parent volunteers who aim to bring together a diverse community of families and educators, creating opportunities for parents to connect with each other and become active members of the school community, supporting its objectives and spirit.
Together as parents, students, staff, and friends, we will build a solid foundation that unites our diversity and fosters a cohesive community.
To provide support to the school community through the coordination of activities and projects outside of the regular school curriculum.
- Encourage parent and community involvement
- To help coordinate programs outside of the provided curriculum in which volunteer parents provide assistance to the teachers and the school
- Encourage participation by all without discrimination
- To work collaboratively with school leadership including administrators, teachers and staff
- To effectively communicate decisions and events with all PATA members
- To raise funds to support various efforts that build our community
Events and programs
- Main initiatives include events such as International Day, Thanksgiving Picnic and Coffee Mornings.
- Staff Appreciation Day
- Middle School Movie Nights
- Fun Days
- Student Socials
- PATA also has social clubs for parents, with more information below.
PATA Social Clubs
Hiking Club: Do you love exploring the beautiful nature Cape Town has to offer, then join the
Choir: Join a group of music-loving parents who enjoy singing together
every Friday morning.
Discover Cape Town: Through the lens of art, culture, community and compassion, discover Cape Town through
walking tours, workshops and events.
Cooking Club: Get inspiration from other parents in our Cooking club!
Conversation Club: Connect with other parents through the conversation club.
Dancing Club: This is a fun group and very informal and we share different types of dance from different countries.
Golf Club! Our group plays over the weekend typically once per month during the school year.
Book club: a monthly gathering to have informal discussions about a mutually agreed upon book, focused on African authors.