Thank you for your interest in working at the American International School of Cape Town (AISCT).
Applications should include a cover letter and resume/CV. Due to the high volume of applications received, we are not able to provide an individual response to each applicant. All applications will be reviewed and shortlisted candidates will be contacted. AISCT runs on a Northern Hemisphere calendar, with the school year beginning in August and ending in June.
No current openings.
Openings for July 2021:
Art Teacher (part-time) working with students ages 4-11, to begin July 2021. This position will be approximately 50% full-time. The ideal candidate has previous experience working with primary-aged students in art and holds a B.Ed or similar educational qualification in fine arts or related program.
Remedial Teacher (part-time or full time) to begin July 2021. A Bachelor’s Degree and at least one of the following certifications is required: Remedial, SEN Teacher, Special Teacher of Reading, or Reading Coach. Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Provide both mathematics and reading instruction to individuals/groups of students, as directed by the Individualized Learning Plan (ILP).
- As directed by administrators, provide teachers, parents, and the school with periodic written progress reports for students served.
- Administer formative and summative progress evaluations to demonstrate effectiveness of instructional practices.
- Collaborate with teachers and parents and the Student Support Team to create and monitor an Individual Learning Plan for the student/students as directed by the school’s administration.
- Alert the teacher of any problems or special information about students
- Share strategies with teachers that will assist students in being successful in class.
Facilitator, to begin July 2021. Experience working with children is essential, as well as the completion of a Facilitators Course. The ideal candidate holds a B.Ed. or similar qualification.
As a facilitator you must be able to prepare, support and help the child navigate through academic and social environments, to make him/her comfortable within themselves and with others. You must be able to help him/her, with the Class teacher’s guidance, to reach their academic potential and be independent. Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Participate in student support meetings and ILP meetings as needed.
- Provide feedback to teachers regarding your observations of student’s academic and behavioral support.
- Prepare and submit reports as required by the school system.
- Encourage students to stay on task and seek help as needed.
If you currently reside in Cape Town, we are always looking to add teachers to our substitute teacher list. If you are interested in being placed on our substitute teacher list, please send in your documents with the subject line “Substitute Teacher” to Naomi Claassen, Executive Assistant to the Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Child Protection Policy and Safe Recruitment Practice
The American International School of Cape Town promotes and defends the rights of the child to physical and psychological well-being. In line with the school’s Child Protection Policy, AISCT implements safe recruitment procedures to ensure that all potential members of staff undergo a comprehensive criminal background check from all places they have lived. AISCT also requires references from previous direct supervisors for all finalist candidates. All employees are bound by the Republic of South Africa Basic Conditions of Employment Act (BCEA) and the South African Council of Educators (SACE) Code of Professional Ethics.
Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA)
The personal information you disclose during the application process will be processed by the school for the purposes of the recruitment process. Our Protection of Personal Information Policy provides further information regarding the processing of personal information and is available on request.